CodeIgniter 4 is an Application Development Framework – a toolkit – for people who build websites using PHP. CodeIgniter helps you to develop the projects in much faster. By Using CodeIgniter We can minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task. CodeIgniter 4 was completely rewritten. The advantages of CodeIgniter 4 are Exceptional performance, zero configuration, no need of command line knowledge, with in less time we can develop applications and more.
What is a framework ?
- A framework is a platform to develop software applications like desktop and web applications
- Frameworks are always created by using programming languages. Like
- PHP: CodeIgniter, Laravel, Symphony, YII, ZEND etc…
- Java: Struts, Hibernate, Spring etc..
- Framework is nothing but concise the code.
- PHP 7.2 or newer version is required with the *intl* extension and *mbstring* extension installed
- Following extensions needs to be enabled on server
- to work with CURLRequest, we need to install libcurl
- MySQL (5.1+) via the MySQLi driver
- PostgreSQL via the Postgre driver
- SqLite3 via the SQLite3 driver
Currently we are able to work with above 3 database drivers
Note: We are unable to work with the following drivers, because these are not rewritten in CodeIgniter 4
- MySQL (5.1+) via the pdo driver
- Oracle via the oci8 and pdo drivers
- PostgreSQL via the pdo driver
- MS SQL via the mssql, sqlsrv (version 2005 and above only) and pdo drivers
- SQLite via the sqlite (version 2) and pdo drivers
- CUBRID via the cubrid and pdo drivers
- Interbase/Firebird via the ibase and pdo drivers
- ODBC via the odbc and pdo drivers (you should know that ODBC is actually an abstraction layer)